SPRING PLANTING TIMES
If you are looking for information on what to plant in your garden plot this spring, check out this list provided by Jane Malin!
- Anytime Jan-Mar: Seeds: radishes, lettuce, arugula, multiplying/bunching onion, endive, horseradish, mizuna (Japanese mustard)
- January: Tomato, pepper, and eggplant seeds indoors; sugar snaps, carrots, tatsoi (spinach mustard) in garden
- February: Seed: Swiss chard, radish and daikon, parsley, dill, fennel, oregano
- Prepare garden: Transplant tomato, pepper and eggplant seedlings when have 2 sets of true leaves
- Late Feb/Early March: Tomato plants, pepper plants (daily highs 70-75 F)
- Dill, fennel & cilantro are companion plants that attract predator insects
- Late March/early April: Seeds – cucumber, cantaloupe/melon, squash, watermelon
- Plants – sage and thyme
- Late April/May/June: yard long bean seeds, basil seeds
- May/June: Eggplant plants, Seeds – okra, cucuzza/zucchini/summer squash
Thanks for this great planing info Jane!